PCL to PDF Conversion Software and Development
Since 1993 Page Technology Marketing, Inc. (PageTech) has specialized in PCL to PDF print stream conversion and other related PCL and imaging technologies. Our core technologies are incorporated into PCLTool SDK which can parse, index, split, streamedit, view and convert PCL to PDF and other various raster and vector formats.
Most PCL transformation products are legacy parsers that can only extract text from simple PCL. PCLTool SDK can transform complex PCL generated from today's printer drivers and we take pride in transforming complex or problematic PCL that other vendors simply can't handle.
PCLTool SDK is designed for developers who need to convert, manipulate and transform PCL. We also offer a
GUI–only version of our SDK named PCLWorks Program for customers looking for something powerful, but easy-to-use.
PCLTool SDK Live Evaluation!
PCLTool SDK Options that Include PCL to PDF Conversion Functionality:
- PCLTool SDK Option III - Use PCLXForm with a standard script and command line overrides to convert PCL to PDF, PDF/A, XPS and ASCII text. Option III includes our PCLMagic printer driver, port monitor and folder-watching HotDir programs.
- PCLTool SDK Option V - Use PCLXForm to convert complex PCL (and, PCLm/PCLmS and PWG cloud printing formats) into all supported file formats plus ASCII text. This is our most powerful SDK option. PCLXForm is a Windows console program with a powerful script programing language, command line overrides and runtime include command files. Option V includes our PCLMagic printer driver, port monitor and folder-watching HotDir programs, which provide powerful functions for:
- Intelligent Mail barcoding
- 2D Datamatrix barcoding
- QR Codes
- Digital Postal Mail (Zumbox, etc.)
- Hybrid Postal Mail (Click2Mail, custom, etc.)
- Cloud File Sharing (Dropbox, GoogleDrive, etc.)
- PCLTool SDK Option I - Our Dynamic link library (.DLL) converts PCL to all supported formats to easily integrate into any custom application workflows. Option I includes our PCLMagic printer driver, port monitor and folder-watching HotDir programs. Option I is recommended for application requirements that cannot be met with either Option III or Option V.
PCLTool SDK Live Evaluation!
PCLTool SDK ranges from US $425-$3,995 depending on options and platform selected. All prices are subject to reasonable restrictions and conditions. Custom licensing and modifications are available by calling (+1) 858 794.6884.
- In 1993 PageTech, was the first to introduce PCL conversion to PDF file format for DOS and Windows and now fully supports 32-bit, 64-bit, and .NET on all Windows 8 and Server 2012 platforms.
- PageTech focuses 100% of its ongoing development efforts on PCL transformation solutions. Most other vendors with PCL conversion products are more focused on AFP, Metacode or PostScript transformations or other print file technologies. They are not fully committed to the PCL conversion segment of their product line.
- PageTech is the author and original licensor of it's various PCL transformation technologies to OEM's and private label re-sellers. Several vendors in the market are selling PCL conversion products that are actually someone else's privately labeled technology and cannot adapt or enhance their solution to meet custom application requirements.
- PageTech is the only vendor that can convert download HP bitmap fonts into embedded scalable TrueType typefaces when converting to vector/text/raster PDF's. This means we do not have to convert to a raster PDF just because the PCL contains custom download bitmap fonts that cannot be matched to available Windows True Type or Acrobat Multiple Master fonts in the Reader. Thus, we can create a small, fast and text searchable PDF files - where others have to convert to a large, slow PDFs.
- When we do have to convert to a raster PDF. We can make it text searchable by underlaying the text under the raster image of each page. And, PCL2PDF is the ONLY PRODUCT that can take advantage of the benefits of converting to JBIG2 compressed raster PDF's. JBIG2 is 30% the size of TIFF Group IV raster.
- PageTech is the only vendor that can convert HP PCL 6 with JETReady Raster compression.
- Our industry-exclusive PCLMagic TTY Text Driver that converts PCL into text-searchable PDFs is included with all SDK options.