PCL to PDF Conversion Software and Development
Since 1993 Page Technology Marketing, Inc. (PageTech) has specialized in PCL to PDF print stream conversion and other related PCL and imaging technologies. Our core technologies are incorporated into PCL Tool SDK which can parse, index, split, streamedit, view and convert PCL into PDF and other various raster and vector formats.
Most PCL transformation products are legacy parsers that can only extract text from simple PCL, like that generated from mainframe computers. PCL Tool SDK can transform complex PCL generated from the latest printer drivers and we take pride in transforming complex or problematic PCL that other vendors just cannot handle!
PCL Tool SDK is designed for developers who need to convert, manipulate and transform complex PCL. We also offer a
GUI–only version of our SDK named PCL Works for customers looking for something powerful, but easy to use.
The PCLTool SDK Options that include PCL to PDF conversion fuctionality are:
- PCL Tool SDK Option I - Dynamic link library (.DLL) that converts PCL to PDF, PDF/A, DIB, PCX, BMP, TIF, ASCII text & more...
- PCL Tool SDK Option III - PCL to PDF is ideal for those who need to convert PCL to PDF, PDF/A, XPS and ASCII text.
- PCL Tool SDK Option V - PCL to ALL plus ASCII text is our most powerful SDK option, with full access to our Windows console program PCLXForm and its powerful TPT (Transformation Parameter Table) scripting language for conversion of PCL into all supported raster/vector formats.
PCL Tool SDK Live Evaluation!
PCL Tool SDK ranges from US $425-$3,995 depending on options and platform selected. All prices are subject to reasonable restrictions and conditions. Custom licensing and custom modifications are available by calling (+1) 858.794.6884.
PageTech PCL to PDF Exclusives:
- In 1993 PageTech, was the first to introduce PCL to PDF for DOS and Windows and now fully supports 32-bit, 32-bit .NET, 64-bit, and 64-bit .NET on all Windows 7 & Server 2008 platforms.
- PageTech focuses 100% of its ongoing development efforts on PCL transformation solutions. Most other vendors with PCL to PDF products are more focused on AFP, Metacode or PostScript transformations or other print file technologies. They are not fully committed to the PCL conversion part of their product line.
- PageTech is the author and original licensor of it's various PCL transformation technologies to OEM's and private label re-sellers. Several vendors selling PCL to PDF products are actually private labeling competing products and are unable to adapt or enhance their solution for any custom requirements.
- PageTech is the only vendor that can convert download HP bitmap fonts into embedded scalable TrueType typefaces when converting to vector/text/raster PDF's. This means we do not have to convert to a raster PDF just because the PCL contains custom download bitmap fonts that cannot be matched to available Windows True Type or Acrobat Multiple Master fonts in the Reader. Thus, we can create a small, fast and text searchable PDF - where others have to convert to a large, slow PDF.
- When we do have to convert to a raster PDF. We can make it text searchable by underlaying the text under the raster image of each page. And, PCL2PDF is the ONLY PRODUCT that can take advantage of the benefits of converting to JBIG2 compressed raster PDF's. JBIG2 is 30% the size of TIFF Group IV raster.
- PageTech is the only vender that can convert HP PCL 6 with JETReady Raster compression.